Campsite at 15 min from Montpellier
Discover the Ecusson, the historic heart of the city with its charming alleys. Stroll through the most beautiful squares such as the emblematic Place de la Comédie, the Place du Nombre d’Or and its water fountains, the Place Thessalie and its fountain, or the Place de l’Europe and its special architecture.
Visit Montpellier, is also to taste its Mediterranean gastronomy, between Pic Saint-Loup wines, fish soup, seafood, octopus, ratatouille du soleil while discovering its market of the halls with its local producers. For entertainment, head for Planet Ocean and its hundreds of marine species from the four corners of the planet.
Must-sees in Montpellier
- Place de la Comédie and its Three Graces fountain built in 1776. It is the centre of the city.
- Promenade du Peyrou and its equestrian statue of Louis XIV. It is the summit of Montpellier, which offers a panoramic view of the Cevennes and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Saint Peter’s Cathedral. Built in the 14th century in Gothic style, it was restored in the 19th century..
- Musée Fabre. On Boulevard Bonne Nouvelle, this great art museum contains beautiful collections of French paintings.
- Jardin des Plantes. The oldest French botanical park created at the end of the 16th century, admire tropical greenhouses and trees several centuries old, boulevard Henri-IV.
Campsite near Montpellier
The campsite Le Fou du Roi offers pitches, accommodation from 25 to 38 m², an aquatic area, entertainment and various practical services. Situated 22 km from Montpellier, i.e. about 35 minutes drive, this campsite is close to Montpellier is ideal for a family holiday by the sea including visits to the region.
Between discovering the historical and cultural heritage of Montpellier, recreational outings and tasting Mediterranean cuisine, come and recharge your batteries in a calm environment at Le Fou du Roi. Do not hesitate to make your reservation in our campsite near Montpellier !